The Ring Doorbell has helped revolutionize the home security camera industry by being one of the premier doorbell camera products around. The concept of combining your doorbell and Wi-Fi security camera into one device is nothing short of genius. The brand especially became even more influential once Ring Inc., the makers of such products, was bought by Amazon and became a subsidiary of the eCommerce giant.
Regardless, if you’ve lost your Ring Doorbell screwdriver or screws, there’s no need to fret at all. You can avail of the best tool to remove Ring doorbell by reading more about it through this article. We’ve studied various Ring Doorbell removal tools and found one made by ALLICAVER that should get the job done.
See more: How to Replace The Ring Doorbell Battery
The Allicaver Ring Doorbell Removal Tool Specifications
The best doorbell replacement tool we could find for the Ring Doorbell is the ALLICAVER or Allicaver Ring Doorbell Replacement Security Screws and Screwdriver Kit. The beauty of having a kit is that it has everything you’ll ever need for removing the Ring Doorbell, whether you lost the original screwdriver or misplaced several screws.
- High-Quality Steel Tools and Screws: If you’ve lost either the screw or screwdriver from your own Ring Doorbell, you can buy this in order to get a high-quality replacement made of industrial-grade quality S2 steel. This makes the product comparably strong as the original tools and screws you’ve misplaced. They’re just as durable as an OEM replacement but offered at the fraction of the cost.
- Multiple Screws to Fit All Sorts of Models: The Allicaver Ring Doorbell Removal Tool offers a complete set of screws and screwdriver that fits all sorts of Ring Doorbell models. ALLICAVER has tested its screws and drivers multiple times to ensure a perfect fit and universal compatibility with various currently available Ring models, such as the Ring Doorbell 1 and 2 as well as the Ring Doorbell Pro.
- What’s In The Box: The package includes 4 types of 16 pieces of Ring Doorbell replacement screws. It also has a double-ended screwdriver bit. The double-end bits are quite convenient because they come with Torx T6 and T14 head driver bits. This covers all the Torx requirements of your Ring Doorbell whichever model it is.
- Various Applications: The ALLICAVER Screwdriver and Screw Kit can be used for a variety of applications, ranging from removing the Ring Doorbell for a battery change to replacing it with a new doorbell. You can also use the kit to install your new Ring Doorbell 1, 2, or Pro in case you’ve misplaced or the courier lost the screwdriver and screws that come with the unit for your pure convenience.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed: Allicaver will give you a no-questions-asked replacement or refund care of its 30-days money-back guarantee. If for whatever reason you’re not satisfied with the product or you get a defective kit, the company will give you your money back or get you a brand new unit delivered ASAP. For more information, just contact ALLICAVER on its website or indicated hotline.
Allicaver Ring Doorbell Removal Tool Review (Pros and Cons)
Here’s the nitty-gritty when it comes to the ALLICAVER kit. It works but it’s limited to T6 and T14 Torx screws since those are the driver bits available for it. Anything bigger like the T15 or smaller like the T5 won’t work with this kit.
- Durability: We can attest firsthand that the durability of this kit, its screws, and its double-ended screwdriver are not in question. It claims to be made of industrial quality S2 steel and CRV material bit. We have S2 steel tools to serve as a point of comparison. Allicaver wasn’t pulling anyone’s legs when it came to its product durability and longevity.
- The multitude of Screws: Although it’s a smart idea to have someone identify which screws you need or you’re missing, for the most part this cheap kit has many of the tiniest screws you’ll most likely end up losing. Otherwise, it’s relatively easy to find the right size screw for your Ring Doorbell, Ring Doorbell 2, or Ring Doorbell Pro. These screws have precise sizes and serve as a perfect replacement for certain screws as indicated by the box and manual.
- The Advantage of a Kit: Unless you’ve lost a really big T15 security screw for certain Ring devices, you can err on the side of caution and buy this to pair up with your Ring Doorbell at a relatively cost-effective price. It has most of the screws and drivers you’ll need. The hardened carbon steel screws are as strong as OEM and can precisely and accurately fit your Ring Doorbell more often than not.
- Hex and Torx Screws: Most people are familiar with the “normal” cross-shaped Philips head screws. For security purposes, the Ring Doorbell and other Ring Inc. devices also make use of hex and Torx screws for good measure. They’re more secure because it’s harder to find the right hex or Torx screwdriver. This kit includes these screw types for your convenience as well as to ensure theft insurance for your Ring device.
- Customer Complaints: The main customer complaints regarding the kit that keep us giving disclaimers like “it offers most of the screws” instead of “all of the screws” is the fact that the kit doesn’t have all of the screws required. The page and the specs don’t outright mention this but certain reviews do. You’ve been duly warned. Certain screws and drivers can only be replaced by Ring. All other screws are covered by this kit.
There are customers online complaining about the screwdriver not serving as a replacement Ring screwdriver or not fitting Ring screws for the Ring Doorbell 2. They weren’t aware that the Ring 2 uses two different sized security screws—the T6 and the T15. The T15 is for bigger screws and the T6 is for smaller screws. For example, it mostly has screws for holes like the door-side cobbles and other tinier screws.
Before ordering, please measure the screws of your doorbell or determine the type. It’s mostly reserved for the tiny, easily lost screws of the Ring Doorbell 1, 2, and Pro. You’ll need to look for the T15 head screw to specifically cover those other screws used for the Ring. Long story short, when it works and you’re missing compatible screws, this affordable kit is a lifesaver. It’s a waste of money otherwise for any screws it doesn’t have.
- “Allicaver Ring Doorbell Replacement Security Screws and Screwdriver Kit“, Amazon, Retrieved August 19, 2020