How should you go about troubleshooting the Lorex camera? Be methodical about it. Experiment and see which of the possible reasons is causing your cam to act up. Most issues can be solved in a DIY fashion, thankfully.
When troubleshooting the Lorex camera, you should be methodical about it. Experiment and see which of the possible reasons is causing your cam to have issues with its video feed, app connection, and other features. Most issues can be solved in a DIY fashion, thankfully.
Without further ado, let’s discuss lorex camera troubleshooting. Let’s find ways to make sure your surveillance devices are always up and running when all is said and done
My camera is showing itself as offline on my NVR. How to Fix!
The DVR/NVR system assists in making it easier to keep tabs of the live feed and the status of the cams. If your connected Lorex cam is displayed as “offline” on your NVR, it might be because of an issue with the NVR’s internal settings or it might instead be a cable connection issue.
You can fix this by restoring your NVR to factory settings if it’s called for.
Fixing an Offline Lorex Camera with a Direct Connection
Check the port connections if your offline cam is connected directly to the back of the NVR. To do this, switch ports of an offline camera with an online camera.
If the offline cam displays itself as online when plugged into another port and the online cam becomes offline on the other port then it’s a port issue. This indicates that your NVR port settings should be restored to default or factory settings.
- LHV/LNR Series DVR/NVR: To restore this NVR model, right-click “Live View” to get to the “Quick Menu”, click the “Main Menu”, click the Setting Icon, click “Setting” then “Default”, and check the menus you wish to restore to default settings.
Click “Apply” to save changes then click “OK” to exit the menu.
- ECO Series DVR/NVR: To restore this NVR model, right-click on “Live View” to access the “Quick Menu”. Click the Main Menu icon (a house) the click “Advanced”. Click the “Maintain” tab and then go to “Load Default”.
Select the menus you wish to restore to factory settings or click “All” to restore the entire system. Click “Apply” then “OK” on the Warning Window. Click “OK” to return to the menu and “Exit” to return to the previous menu. Reboot the DVR for the changes to take effect.
- LNR200/LNR300 Series NVR: To restore this NVR model, right-click “Live View” then click “Menu”. Afterwards, click “Maintenance”, “Default”, and then “OK” to auto-reboot the NVR and restore the device to its factory settings.
- LHA/LNK Series DVR/NVR: To restore this NVR model, go to the Taskbar and click, the Main Menu icon (a house). From there, click the “Advanced”, “Maintenance” option, and the “Maintenance” tab. On the tab, click “Load Default”.
Select the menus you wish to restore to factory settings. Click “Save” to confirm then restart your NVR for changes to apply.
If this doesn’t fix your offline camera this might mean hardware failure. Contact Technical Support for assistance and potential replacement if the cam is under warranty.
Fixing an Offline Lorex Camera with a PoE Switch Connection
If your offline cam is connected to a Power over Ethernet (PoE) switch (that’s also linked to your router) then you might need to reconnect the cam to your NVR.
- Reconnect and Disconnect: To reconnect your camera on an LHV/LNR Series NVR, disconnect then reconnect the cam to the switch. Make sure the switch is linked to the same router as your NVR.
- Menu Navigation: Now right-click “Live View” to get the “Quick Menu”. Now click “Device Search”. Login the NVR with your login info. The default username and password is in your user manual.
- Device Search: After clicking Device Search, your NVR will search the network it’s connected to for any IP cameras. It’ll then display them on the top half of the Remote Device window.
- Select Camera: Select the camera you wish to reconnect to on the window then click “Add”. Enter the password of the cam (also in your user manual). The cam appears on the window’s lower half.
- Green Status: After a few moments, the status should turn green. This indicates the cam has been successfully added to the NVR.
How do you restore an IP camera to default settings?
Make sure the cam is connected to your NVR through the Ethernet cable. Press and hold the reset button located at the base or back of the camera. While holding this button, disconnect and reconnect the Ethernet cable.
This should make your cam go back to factory settings and restart for good measure. The camera should start operating normally after the restart. However, because it’s back to factory settings, you’ll need to reconfigure the system and put in your custom settings from before.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some frequently asked questions about Lorex cams.
Why is my Lorex camera not working?
Usually, it’s because your cam has lost power or has power supply issues. It might have a loose or faulty video cable or the power adapter might be disconnected. To fix this, check the point of contacts for your camera, recorder, and monitor or TV.
Why is my Lorex camera offline?
If on your NVR the connected camera is shown as offline, it could be an issue with the cable connection or the NVR’s internal settings themselves. If your offline Lorex cam is connected directly to the back of the NVR check the ports and the cables for damage and potential replacement.
How do I get my Lorex camera back online?
The easiest solution to get your Lorex cam back online (aside from power-cycling your router or modem) is by reconnecting the device to your Lorex home app. Launch the app, go to “Settings”, “Wireless Network”, and then follow the on-screen connection guide to get your cam working.
Why are my Lorex cameras not working?
Loss of power is the most common reason why security cameras go black. It happens when power adapter is disconnected and cable that connect the camera to the recorder and monitor becomes loose and faulty. To fix the issue, we recommend that you check any point of contact on your camera, recorder, and monitor.
How do I reset my Lorex camera?
To reset the IP camera to default settings:
- Ensure that the camera is connected to the NVR via an Ethernet cable.
- Press and hold the Reset button on the back or base of the camera.
- While still holding the Reset button, disconnect and reconnect the Ethernet cable.
- The camera will reset to defaults and then restart.
Why is my Lorex camera offline?
If a connected camera is showing as Offline on your NVR, it could be related to an issue with the internal settings of your NVR or a cable connection problem. If the offline camera is connected directly to the back of your NVR, check the port connections.
How do I get my Lorex camera back online?
Reconnect your device to the Lorex Home app.
Once you have powered on your device and restarted your router, you can reconnect your device to the Lorex Home app. To reconnect to the Lorex Home app, launch the Lorex Home app > tap Settings > Wireless Network > then follow your device’s on-screen connection guide.
What causes security cameras to stop working?
Why does video loss happen in security cameras or systems? Most of the time, the issue of video loss on CCTV security cameras, DVR or NVR, is caused by several factors: network issues, bad power supply, cabling problems, defective hardware, bugs on the camera’s software, IP address conflicts, bad configurations, etc.
Why are my security cameras not working?
Reboot the security camera
Reboot the device. Rebooting your security camera will release its cache to flush, re-calibrate the settings, and revise connections. Directly unplug the security camera from its power supply then wait for a few seconds before plugging it again. This will reboot it.
Where is the reset button on my security camera?
How to Reset Your Security Camera
How do I reset my security camera?
How to reset IP Camera to factory defaults
- Keep the device powered on for at least 30 seconds to complete its normal startup.
- Find something like a pin to press the Reset button on the camera and hold it for 15 seconds to restore the settings to factory defaults.
How do I reset my camera?
After the power cable plugged keep holding the reset button . The red PowerLED light will flash on for 3 second first, turn off for about 15 seconds, flash on for another second and turn off again. This procedure takes around 20seconds and camera will power up. Release the reset button.
Why does my security camera Say no signal?
One of the most common problems when a camera is not displaying video is a bad cable or BNC connection. Using a test monitor, you can temporarily eliminate the power and video cable that your camera is using.
How do I reset my Lorex PTZ camera?
To restore the camera to default settings:
Press and hold the reset button below the camera module for at least 10 seconds. While still holding the reset button, disconnect and reconnect the Ethernet cable. Hold the button for 15 seconds before releasing.
How do I connect my Lorex security camera to Wi-Fi?
How To Set Up Lorex Wi-Fi Connected Wireless Home or Baby …
Why do security cameras go black?
Some users experience CCTV camera black screen or video going black at night, it’s likely that the camera lacks infrared night vision, or the IR night vision camera doesn’t have an IR cut filter or a faulty IR sensor, or you simply forget to turn the IR on. Quick Fixes: Check camera settings to make sure the IR is on.
What happens if you unplug a security camera?
When your house, the cameras won’t record. When you are away from the home, the cameras record. They’ll still be “working” but not recording.
Do security cameras go bad?
Once your security camera system is in place, the cameras typically fade into the background quite quickly. After a few weeks, you might not even notice they’re there. That’s not an issue on its own, but it does mean that you need to be intentional about keeping an eye out for wear and tear on the cameras.
How long does a security camera last?
In general, most security camera footage is kept for 30 to 90 days (1 to 3 months the most).
Why is my security camera flickering?
CCTV Cameras can Flicker due to Lighting or Electrical issues. Some lightbulbs can operate at a frequency that will cause the camera viewing it to flicker. The frequency of power being sent to the camera can be incompatible and also cause flickering. Insufficient power is another possible cause.
How do I reset my Lorex NVR?
How to Reset Factory Default Settings to your Security Video Recorder
How do I reset my NVR to factory settings?
To factory reset the device, hold the reset button down and unplug the NVR from power. Once power is removed from the unit, continue holding the factory reset switch for 4 – 5 seconds, continue holding the reset switch and plug the power supply back into the unit. You should hear a beep if not that is alright.
How do I reset my Cove outdoor camera?
If you are resetting your Cove Indoor Camera (the smaller camera with a black base), use a small paper clip or something narrow to press the button in the reset hole. The reset hole is located on the back of the camera in the top left corner next to one of the screw holes. It will have the words “Reset” next to it.
Does a factory reset delete everything?
Factory resets aren’t perfect. They don’t delete everything on the computer. The data will still exist on the hard drive. Such is the nature of hard drives that this type of erasure doesn’t mean getting rid of the data written to them, it just means the data can no longer be accessed by your system.
What happens if I reset my camera?
The Reset Default or Camera Settings function only resets the shooting settings of the camera to their default settings.
Most Internet issues root from the router itself requiring a reset or a power-cycle. Most issues involving the features of the cam root from power supply or insufficient power. It also involves a lot of default settings resets.
Troubleshooting is a lot easier to accomplish than you’d think. You just need to read the instructions carefully and zero-in on the cause of the problem. This way, your Lorex smart camera should be able to seamlessly stream video and ensure the safeness of your home.
- “Error Message: Camera Offline“, LorexTechnology.com Help Retrieved April 3, 2022
- “IP Cameras: Restoring default settings“, LorexTechnology.com Help Retrieved April 3, 2022
- “Top reasons your Lorex camera may lose video or go black“, LorexTechnology.com Help Retrieved April 3, 2022
- “Wi-Fi Security Camera – How to troubleshoot offline status“, LorexTechnology.com Help Retrieved April 3, 2022