Everyone wants a home that is safe and secure for the whole family. With a Zmodo camera, anyone can enjoy the comforts of their home 24/7.
Zmodo is one of the leading companies that focus on video surveillance. With their indoor cameras, outdoor cameras, video doorbells, smart hub repeater, and door/window sensors, anyone can make a video surveillance system on their own!
As a matter of fact, there are several versions of Zmodo cameras that may provide various ways of being reset. If you’re interested, just keep reading!
Restarting your device is not the best option to combat certain problems such as problems on WiFi connectivity, however, resetting your device to factory default is. By doing so, you are resetting your device’s settings as well as the options, putting it back on default and setting it again.
Some issues can affect your device options that can result in a tech problem, resetting your device can help fix the problem. But the cons is that you need to set it up once again.
Restart vs Reset
Again, restarting just turns off your device and then reboots it. The settings that you have set are still there and there is no need to set it up again.
While a device factory reset will put your settings back to default and will remove all your personal touches on the device.
Reset a wireless camera
- Turn off the network camera by disconnecting the power adapter.
- Press and hold the reset button with a pointed object while reconnecting the power.
- Continue pressing the reset button just enough until the status indicator blinks. Then proceed to release the reset button.
Reset a Zmodo camera to factory settings
- Press and hold the reset button at the side of the blink module for at least 10-15 seconds.
- Keep it pressed until the light turns red.
- Solid green and blue light will appear once the reset is done.
NVR and IP Cameras
#1: Keep the reset button at the back of the NVR to set everything back to defaults.
#2: Use the restore to defaults in the settings menu.
- Proceed to the main menu and select General Settings.
- On the left side list, select the bottom option that states default. The NVR will ask if you are sure to restore to default. Just select OK to restore the settings.
- You will need to put the admin password for the system and click Enter.
- The system will be set to default after the process is completed.
CM-I11123BK and CM-I12316GY
The reset for the CM-I11123BK is a bit different from CM-I12316GY.
- Turn the camera upside down and find the reset button on the bottom.
- Keep the button pressed for 15 seconds.
CM-I12316GY – 2 variations
- There are 4 cables on the lead that are for power, ethernet, and two other wires. To reset the version, keep the two other wires pressed together for 15 seconds.
- There are three cables on the lead. For power, ethernet and another cable with a button.
- To reset, hold the button on the cable for 15 seconds.
If the cameras can still be accessed on Internet Explorer, the reset can be done with the settings menu and selecting Restore Factory Settings.
- Remove the device on the wall.
- Face the camera upward.
- Find the pinhole at the bottom.
- Take a pointed object and press the hole with it.
- When the blinking green light starts, the reset is completed..
- Find the touchpad
- Keep the touchpad pressed for 10 seconds.
- Wait for the green blink.
Effects of factory reset
Resetting is like receiving a new device with unmodified settings, just what it was when you bought it in the store.
The camera will forget all the WiFi that it has been connected to and you will need to reconnect everything to the application. The videos will be all reset not unless you put them in a different memory device.
If you’re trying to resolve problems on your device that can’t be solved with restarting, you may want to save all your video files and then proceed to reset the device.
The Bottom Line
Resetting is quite easy with Zmodo. It depends upon the version but everything is easy and convenient for every user.
Please take note that by resetting, everything will be back to its original state and you may not recognize it and you may want to personalize everything. Just input your preferences and settings again.