How do you reset the Lorex cam? Does it involve pinhole or pushbutton reset button? How long are you supposed to push the reset button? Can you use your app to do the reset?
The decades-old Lorex brand is a well-established company in the security technology industry. It offers topnotch, professional, and consumer-grade security systems for commerce and residences as well as homes, apartments, and offices.
How to Reset Lorex Camera
Some Lorex IP Cameras include a reset button found on the device itself. You can do manual reset with the button in order to restore the cam to default or factory settings (i.e., the settings it has fresh off its box). In order to reset your Lorex Cam to factory or default settings, do the following.
- Make sure the cam is connected care of Ethernet cable to the NVR.
- Press and hold the reset button by your finger on the base or back of the camera. It varies from model to model.
- You might have to take off the housing in order to access this reset button as well.
- Scan through your cam’s user manual in order to find out the specific location of the reset button on your model of Lorex camera.
- You can also avail of documentation and downloads for your device on the Lorex website.
- While still holding and pressing the reset button, disconnect the Ethernet cable then reconnect it soon after. Don’t let go of the button for 15 seconds afterwards.
- Release the button and check if the camera resets to defaults and restarts. The restart process will take a couple of minutes to complete.
The camera should work normally after the reset and restart. However, you’ll need to input your customization settings and reconfigure everything when all is said and done. If the reset isn’t successful, retrace your steps and attempt it again.
What Does the Lorex Camera Brand Bring to the Table?
The Lorex cam brand offers some quality products, such as its Ultra HD 4K 8-Channel Security System. It includes various high-end video cameras that connect with each other. It’s also a proper example of the best that the Lorex brand offers.
No Mandatory Monthly Fees and Optional Cloud Service
There’s a lot to like about the camera line. For instance, you don’t need monthly fees for it to work. You don’t have to worry about long-term contracts or fees that require cancellation in case you wish to switch to another provider.
The only costs linked to this package deal were the initial cost of the equipment and a fee for premium cloud storage (optional). It’s not like other products that emphasize cloud storage fees as a requirement for their products to work decently.
High Video Quality
You have 4K video quality, which means even a single frame screenshot reveals quite a lot in terms of what’s happening before the camera. You’re likelier to recognize faces, prevent blurs and obfuscation, and identify what you’re looking at in high-quality footage.
It’s no antiquated bank security camera with fuzzy footage. Everything is as clear as day and akin to real-time footage you’d see in a live-feed of a sports event like the Super Bowl.
It’s also quite the advanced camera network or system due to its vehicle and people detection. More to the point, it has advanced motion detectors that alert you when there’s movement on your party by people or vehicles.
This prevents false alarms involving small animals or moving branches. The A.I. of the system detects only people and vehicles instead of pets or wildlife such as raccoons and squirrels.
Because you’re monitoring everything via smartphone, tablet, or some other mobile device, this feature eliminates unnecessary (and annoying) push notifications.
The Installation Process
The installation process of the Lorex camera system can get involved and complex, like in the case of its reset process. There’s no option for professional installation help from Lorex. You might have to hire a general third-party handyman to do it for you.
This is especially disadvantageous to any user that doesn’t have any technical expertise or DIY know-how when it comes to installing equipment.
The system requires you to monitor things on your own through the Lorex app. This is mostly fine, but other systems feature 24/7 monitoring for consumer-grade or even industrial-grade use. You have to call for help in the event of an emergency yourself.
It’s not like other systems that call emergency services like the police, an ambulance, or the fire department for you. It’s not necessarily a deal-breaker for most, but for those looking for 24/7 CCTV monitoring might get disappointed.
The Specifications of the Lorex Camera 4K Ultra HD
The Lorex Ultra HD 4K 8-Channel Security System allows you to avoid monthly fees completely with a fully functional camera system that doesn’t require the cloud storage in order to work. This is because it boasts of local storage through a hard drive.
To wit, it comes with the following specifications:
- Local storage through hard drive.
- 18 LED infrared sensors for night vision.
- Its recording type is motion-activated recording.
- It offers 10 gigabytes of free cloud storage as well.
- The free plan extra features include 3 RapidCaps per month.
- Optional expanded cloud storage subscription for all-access mobile video.
- The Lorex Cloud Premium monthly plan only costs about $4.
- The Lorex Cloud Premium yearly plan only costs $35.
Don’t Forget to Keep This in Mind
If you wish to reset your IP camera to default settings, you need it to be connected to your NVR through its Ethernet cable. You should then press and hold the reset button found at the base or back of the cam. Afterwards, connect and disconnect the Ethernet cable while still holding the button.
From there, wait 15 seconds more before releasing the reset button. This allows the device to return to factory settings then restarting when push comes to shove. The specifics of resetting the cam have been made this complex to prevent accidental resets when you don’t need to do a reset.
- “IP Cameras: Restoring default settings“, LorexTechnology.com Help, Retrieved February 28, 2022