Blink Camera is one of the most high-quality security cameras in the market. Blink probably has the best indoor and outdoor security cameras with competitive prices and quality.
Although Blink security cameras are one of the best, they also need to be refreshed once in a while. So, how do you reset blink cameras?
Reasons to Reset Blink Camera?
You may encounter some issues with the Blink Security Camera including Blink Camera Offline, Blink Camera Not Recording, etc. These issues may be fixed by resetting your Blink camera.
In short, you may have to reset your Blink camera when it is not working properly. You may also need to reset your camera when you want to revert to its default or factory settings.
You may also want to reset your Blink camera when you are frequently having connection issues. Often, resetting is all your Blink camera needs to start working properly again.
What happens if I reset my blink camera?
Blink says that when you remove your camera from your system, it will automatically reset. It is short of saying that there is no need to reset your Blink camera.
If you want to resell or give your Blink camera to someone else, deleting it from your system will automatically reset it.
If you are resetting your Blink camera to fix some issues, remember that it will factory restart the device.
How to Reset a Blink Mini Camera?
The Blink Mini camera has a reset button which you will find at the bottom side of the device. You will always need to reset your Blink Mini Camera separately through its reset button.
To reset your Blink Mini Camera, press and hold for 10-15 seconds the reset button. The resetting process will start. Resetting is completed when you see the solid blue and green light. For best results, make sure the Blink Mini is plugged in when performing the reset.
It is recommended that you insert a small screwdriver or paperclip when resetting your Blink Mini camera. Never use thumbtacks or safety pins.
You can use the reset button of your Blink Mini when you need to:
- Move your camera to a new Wi-Fi network or location.
- Reconnect to a Wi-Fi network (A red light on your Blink Mini means it is not connected to the internet).
- Fix setup issues. You will need to do a reset when your Blink Mini displays a red light.
Resetting your Blink Mini can fix various issues when you are changing networks or during the initial setup. Resetting will, however, not:
- Delete the thumbnail image.
- Reset the camera to its default settings.
- Delete your camera from an account or system.
You may also like: Blink Camera Mounting Ideas (Best Places to Install)
How to Reset a Blink Indoor, Outdoor, XT Camera?
It is common to restart the Blink cameras, or any tech device for that matter when troubleshooting any issues. Your Blink camera is connected to the Sync Module.
The Sync Module passes on network details and commands to the devices in your system. It is responsible for connecting all your devices to the Internet. So when you need to reset your camera, you need to reset the Sync Module.
To reset your Blink Indoor, Outdoor, or XT Camera, reset the entire system using the physical button of the Sync Module. The reset button can be found beside the UBS port on the side of your Blink camera.
To reset your Blink camera, hold down the reset button on the Sync Module until its light turns red. You will need to reinstall the Sync Module in the Blink app to use your camera again because resetting the Sync Module resets the whole Blink camera system.
How to default factory reset a Blink XT2 Camera?
Have 2 reasons to default factory reset your blink xt2 camera:
- To put the camera back to its original settings or default factory.
- Troubleshooting when the Blink XT2 Camera is not working properly
Remember, you must again configure and setup the device again after factory resetting it.
You follow the steps below to reset:
- Make sure that the Blink XT2 Camera is powered on.
- Find a small pin, a paperclip, or a small screwdriver
- Insert the pin into the factory reset button located at the back of the camera.
- Press and hold the factory reset button for about 10 Consequently, the top and middle LED lights will turn off, then both flashlights will turn red.
You also reset Camera this case: The Blink XT2 needs a Sync Module to run. The Sync Module bridges the Blink cameras to the Internet. It is easier to reset the Blink cameras with the reset button in the Sync Module instead of individually resetting the cameras. The reset button will reset the whole system in one go.
You can also try to unplug the cameras from the power source. When you plug them again, most of the time, the issues of your Blink camera are fixed automatically.
How to Reset the Sync Module for Blink Cameras?
The Sync Module of your Blink camera has a reset button on the side of the device next to the USB port. Pressing the reset button will make your system go offline until you once again reconfigure the Sync Module.
Reset the Sync Module with it plugged in. If the Synch Module is not acting up, unplug it from the power supply for about 10 seconds and plug it back in. This will reboot your device and within 45 seconds a solid green and solid blue light will be displayed.
How do I reset Blink Sync Module?
All cameras will go offline when you use the Sync Module to reset your Blink camera. You will then need to delete the Sync Module in your Blink app and reinstall it again.
- Press and hold the reset button of the Sync Module for 10-15 seconds.
- Release the reset button when the light turns
- A solid blue light and solid green light will be displayed when the reset is complete.
To delete the Sync Module:
- Open the Blink App on your Smartphone.
- Tap on the ‘?’ icon.
- Tap on the ‘Delete Sync Module’ option.
- You will be prompted to enter the serial number of your Sync Module.
- Select the ‘Delete’ option.
To reinstall your Sync Module:
- Go to the Home screen of the Blink App.
- Tap Add ‘+’ .
- Select your system.
- You will be prompted to enter the serial number of your Sync Module.
- Click on ‘Discover Device’.
- Click on ‘Join’.
If resetting the Sync system of your Blink camera does not resolve the issues, your camera may have some serious issues that can be resolved only by the Blink service center.
What if my Blink camera still isn’t working?
In most instances, resetting your Blink camera can resolve a range of small issues. The connections of the camera can go haywire and resetting can often solve the issue.
What happens when your Blink camera still is not working after resetting? Your camera may have some serious issues and the pros are the only ones who can resolve them.
However, if you just want to revert your Blink camera to its default settings. resetting will always work.
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions:
When is it safe to say that you have reset your Blink Camera?
Blink says that you have successfully reset your Blink Camera when you have deleted it from your system.
What can the reset button do on your Blink Camera?
The physical reset button on the device will reinitialize the network settings on your Blink Camera. It is helpful when you need to change the locations of the camera, change Wi-Fi network, or add a camera to your Blink system. It will not reset the camera.
What can the reset button not do on your Blink Camera?
The physical reset button on the device will not be able to:
- Remove the Blink Camera from an account or system.
- Delete the thumbnail image
- Reset the camera settings to Factory settings.
Reset vs Reboot vs Factory Reset vs Restart?
Resetting is often the quick fix to resolve frequent connection issues of your Blink Camera.
It is best to reboot your Blink camera before resetting its Sync Module. If you do not reboot before resetting, you will need to reinstall all your cameras. A reboot will retain all your settings.
A Factory Reset will delete all your options and settings. It will restore all the default factory settings of the Blink. You will also need to reconnect your system to the Internet just what you did during the initial setup.
When you Restart your Blink Camera, you will be able to keep all your settings. You should, however, connect to the same Wi-Fi network. Restarting is often the best solution when your Blink Camera becomes frozen, is not working properly, or has trouble reconnecting to your Wi-Fi network.
How to Factory Reset Blink Mini Camera?
You will need to restore the factory settings of your Blink Mini Camera if you want to sell it or give it to someone else. Factory resetting your Blink Mini entails deleting the account it is associated with. The new owner of your Blink Mini will not be able to add the camera to his account if it is still associated with your account.
Deleting your account will remove its creation date. Simply changing the email address on an existing account will not delete the original creation date. In short, you will need to delete the system, camera, Sync Module, and delete your account.
You can delete your System via the Blink App on your Smartphone:
- Tap the gear icon on the Home Screen so you can view your system settings.
- Click on the name of the system you want to delete.
- Tap on ‘Delete System’ and confirm the action by tapping ‘Delete.’
Your System will no longer appear on the Settings Screen.
To delete a camera:
- Tap on the Settings icon beside the camera name.
- Scroll down and find the ‘Delete Camera’ option.
- Tap ‘Yes’ to confirm the action.
- Delete all the other cameras.
To delete the Sync Module:
- Tap on the Settings icon in the footer of the Home Screen.
- Choose the system that contains your Sync Module.
- Select ‘Delete Sync Module.
- Confirm the action by tapping ‘OK.’
- Enter or scan the serial number (can be found on the bottom of the Sync Module) of your Sync Module.
- Reconfirm that you want to delete the Sync Module from your account.
To delete your account:
- Tap on the gear icon located in the footer of the Home Screen.
- Click on ‘Manage Account.’
- Tap on the ‘Delete Account’ button.
- Press ‘Delete’ to confirm that you want to fully delete the account associated with your Blink Mini Camera.
Deleting the system, cameras, and account will revert Blink Mini to its factory settings.
How to Factory Reset Blink Indoor/Outdoor Cameras?
While resetting your Blink Indoor / Outdoor Cameras can troubleshoot most issues, there may be instances when you will need to do a hard reset. A hard reset will revert your Blink Camera to its original factory settings.
Press down the reset button near the USB port on the right-hand side of the device. You can use a paper clip to perform this action. Hold the reset button down until the light flashes on. This usually takes about 30 seconds.
Pressing the reset button will allow the Sync Module to reboot and revert into setup mode or Factory default settings.
How to Reset Blink Camera Remotely?
You can reset the System and Cameras remotely via the Blink App. On the other hand, you need to physically reset the Sync Module.
It is easy to reset your Blink Camera. You can reset your Blink via the Blink Camera App or the physical reset button in the device.
- “HOW TO RESET BLINK CAMERA“, Smarthomestarter.com, October 29, 20202.
- “Everything You Need to Know for How to Reset Blink Cameras and Sync Modules”, Myintelligenthouse.com