Arlo has long been a forerunner in the wireless home security camera market, having offered multiple industry firsts, including the first camera to offer LTE connectivity. Arlo has also been a trailblazer in the wireless home security camera sector. In contrast to other cameras from other firms, it is not immune to the common camera troubles that other cameras from other companies encounter.
In the case that your Arlo camera has been showing a black screen, not recording properly, or has been experiencing internet connectivity troubles, it may be essential to reset the camera. You might be wondering, though, how to reset your Arlo security camera.
Throughout this post, we’ll take you to step by step through the process of resetting the settings on your Arlo surveillance camera for each model.
What does resetting my Arlo camera do?
When you perform a factory reset on your Arlo camera, it is returned to its factory default settings and is removed from your account history.
This implies that after doing a factory reset on your camera, you will need to set up it through the Arlo app.
Despite the fact that customizing your camera may take longer than usual, it is sometimes the only method to resolve some of the most common issues that arise with your Arla camera. In the end, re-configuring your camera is a worthwhile investment of time.
You may also like this post: Arlo Home Security Cameras Review: Protect What You Love Most
How to Reset Arlo Base Station and Arlo SmartHub?
When you execute a factory reset on your Arlo Base Station and Arlo SmartHub, the settings on both devices are restored to their factory defaults. If you want to reset an Arlo Base Station or an Arlo SmartHub, follow the steps outlined below:
- Press and hold the Reset button for 10 seconds with a paper clip.
- If you have a different base station model, the LED activity during the reset will vary. There is one LED on the Base Station VMB4500. Blue LEDs blink on and off.
- Plug it in, turn it off, or utilize the Arlo app when the base station has finished rebooting.
- After completing these simple steps, you will be able to add the Base Station with Siren to your own Arlo account and set it up. First, open the Arlo app and tap New to Arlo.
- Setup instructions must be followed.
Important: Please be aware that if you reset or deactivate your Arlo camera, you will forfeit any prepaid Arlo Mobile service remaining in your account for the balance of that month’s monthly paying cycle. Aside from that, any and all of the customizations that you have previously applied to the device will be erased.
How to Reset Arlo Ultra, Arlo Ultra 2, Arlo Pro 4, Arlo Pro 3, Arlo Essential, and Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight?
With Arlo Pro, you have the only and first waterproof, cordless and wire-free HD surveillance camera with audio and a 130° viewing angle. And with Arlo Ultra, it is equipped with dual, noise-canceling microphones that let you concentrate on your surroundings while reducing distractions like wind, rain, and city activities, so you get crystal-clear sound.
There are no differences incompatibility between the Arlo Ultra and Ultra 2 cameras, as well as between the Pro 4, the Pro 3, the Essential, and the Arlo Pro 3 Floodlight. They are all compatible with the Arlo SmartHub and the Arlo Base Station with Siren.
Because of this, you have two options when it comes to resetting these cameras: you can either reset the Arlo Base Station or Arlo SmartHub (see the How to Reset Arlo Base Station and Arlo SmartHub section for more information), or you can reset the camera itself.
To reset the camera itself:
- Press and hold the camera’s sync button for approximately 15 seconds, or until the camera’s LED begins blinking amber, then release. You must first remove the camera from its casing in order to access the sync button.
- Release the sync button after the camera’s LED begins to blink amber. If you keep your finger on the sync button for an extended period of time, you must resume the factory reset process until the camera LED blinks amber three times after releasing the sync button.
- Following a factory reset, the camera is still viewable in the Arlo app, but it is no longer functional.
- Log in to my.arlo.com or open the Arlo app.
- On the Devices page, tap or select Add New Device.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to connect and set up your camera to your WiFi network after selecting Cameras from the menu bar.
How to Reset Arlo Pro and Arlo Pro 2 Spotlight Camera?
With your Arlo Pro and Arlo Pro 2 Spotlight Camera, it is compatible with Arlo SmartHub, Arlo Base Station with Siren, and Arlo Base Station.
Thus, to reset the Arlo Pro and Arlo Pro 2, you have three options: reset the SmartHub, reset the Arlo Base Station with Siren, or reset the Arlo Base Station. Take note that resetting these three devices have the same process (see the How to Reset Arlo Base Station and Arlo SmartHub section for more information).
How to Reset Arlo Baby Camera?
You may use the Arlo Baby 1080p HD Monitoring Camera with Table/Wall Stand to keep an eye on your baby when you’re away from home by using the Arlo app, which is available for free on your smartphone or tablet. In the event that motion or sound is detected, Arlo Baby will record a video.
Resetting the Arlo Baby Camera is a straightforward process that just requires two easy steps:
- With a paperclip, press and hold the Reset button for ten seconds until the computer restarts.
- By pressing the button, the button will be reset. Arlo Baby will then be reset to factory defaults and restarted to ensure that everything works properly.
How to Reset Arlo Q/Q plus Camera?
Resetting the Arlo Q and Q Plus Camera is very simple. Here are the two extremely simple steps to reset the Q and Q plus Camera models:
- Press the reset button until the camera device makes a click sound and the lights flash an amber color.
- Sync the device again normally.
How to Reset Arlo Go Camera?
Resetting the Arlo Go Camera will make the Arlo Mobile Service count your prepaid service as forfeited for that monthly billing period. However, using any other mobile service provider won’t affect your monthly billion periods when you reset the device.
There are two ways to reset the Arlo Go Camera; when it’s connected to the cloud, or when it is not. Here are the steps for these two procedures:
How to reset the device when it’s connected to the cloud:
- Launch the Arlo app
- Go to “Settings” and then “My Devices” and then select the device you want to reset.
- Tap “Remove Device”
- Tap “Yes” to confirm. This will reset your device.
How to reset the device when it’s not connected to the cloud:
- Press and release the sync button on your device
- Hold the camera around 4 to 8 inches close to the QR code below. Once you hear a chime, it’s good to go.
How to reset Arlo Video Doorbell?
The Arlo Video Doorbell should be set it back to its default settings. Once reset, your account is removed from your device and thus needs you to have it connected again. Here are the steps to reset the Arlo Video Doorbell:
- Locate the pin that came with your device. If you’ve lost it, you may use a paper clip or something similar to press the reset button with.
- With the pin, press and hold the reset button on the back of the doorbell for around 15 seconds. When it flashes white, the resetting process has been completed.
- With the doorbell reset, you just have to add it back to your account again.
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions:
Reset vs. factory reset vs. reboot vs. restart: What are the differences?
Rebooting or restarting your camera has no effect on it. The terms “reset” and “erasing” are interchangeable and refer to the same thing in the same context.
When a camera is reset, it returns to the state in which it was when it was first acquired, and this is known as the acquisition state.
The term “factory reset” has become widely used to describe the process of performing a factory reset on electronic devices as a result of this development.
Can you reboot an Arlo camera?
Yes! You have the ability to restart an Arlo camera. Opening and shutting the battery compartment door on your camera is all that is required to restart the device.
It will automatically reconnect to the base station after a single reboot if the camera is within range of the base station and there is no additional interference.
How do I reset my Arlo to factory settings?
Navigate to and choose the Arlo camera you wish to reset by tapping or selecting Settings > My Devices from the home screen. By tapping or clicking on the camera, it will be removed from the screen.
Using your phone’s Yes button, you can confirm that you want to delete the Arlo camera from your account by tapping or clicking on it. After that, the factory default settings for your Arlo camera will be returned to their original state.
How do I reset my Arlo battery?
You must follow the instructions outlined below in order to reset your Arlo battery:
- Your camera’s battery should be removed.
- If the AC power adapter cable for the camera is still plugged in, unplug it.
- Reconnect your camera to the AC adapter that came with it.
- Replacing the camera’s battery
- Check the status of your camera using the Arlo app or my.arlo.com ten minutes after it has been turned on.
How to restart the Arlo camera remotely?
The base can be restarted remotely via setting ->devices ->arlo base ->restart.
If you simply follow the instructions provided in the preceding sections, you will be able to reset your Arlo camera in less than five minutes.
Always keep in mind that, once you have returned your Arla camera to its factory default settings, you will need to reconnect it to either your Smarthub or your Base Station in order to complete the procedure.
If you are encountering issues with your Arlo cameras, such as a dark screen or problems with the internet connection between them, it is recommended that you reset them.
By following these instructions, you will avoid the expense and hassle of having to take your camera to a specialist to have it reset.