Before trying to know whether or not SimpliSafe can work with Google Home or not, you should learn what SimpliSafe is. Afterwards, keep on reading on how to setup either Google Home or Amazon Alexa with it.
The SimpliSafe professional wireless alarm system is quite easy to install even on a 3,600 square foot property. You can use the monitoring system on top of keeping the alarm available to deter burglaries from happening. You don’t need an engineering degree to understand how to install it.
It’s as simple as its name. On that note, does Simplisafe work with Google Home? How about Amazon Alexa? Should you use textual or voice prompts to install and work with the system to keep your home “Simply Safe” and all?
Does SimpliSafe Work with Google Home?
You can arm your SimpliSafe system with Google Home through Google Assistant. Just remember that it only enables you for system arming. In order to protect yourself, you can’t disarm the security system through Google Assistant by voice command. You have to do it manually.
Setting Up Google Home with SimpliSafe
In order to setup Google Home with SimpliSafe, utter the following voice commands after uttering, “Hey Google, turn on the security system”. First, wait for Google Assistant to respond to you and ask you which mode you want to setup.
You can do the following commands or inquiries:
- “Hey Google, am I protected?”
- “Hey Google, arm SimpliSafe to Away”
- “Hey Google, arm SimpliSafe to Home”
- “Hey Google, is the security system armed?”
- “Hey Google, set the security system to Away”
- “Hey Google, set the security system to Home”
Does SimpliSafe Work with Amazon Alexa?
Yes. You can use Alexa with SimpliSafe for certain commands, like arming the system and whatnot. However, for safety’s sake, the system doesn’t allow you to disarm the system through Alexa by voice command to prevent accidental disarmament.
Setting Up Amazon Alexa with SimpliSafe
You can specifically use the following formal and informal commands or inquiries with the Alexa voice command system from Amazon like so.
- “Alexa, Tell SimpliSafe to Lockup”
- “Alexa, Tell SimpliSafe I’m leaving”
- “Alexa, ask SimpliSafe what’s shakin’.”
- “Alexa, Tell SimpliSafe to arm in away”
- “Alexa, ask SimpliSafe if I am protected.”
- “Alexa, ask SimpliSafe if my home is secure.”
- “Alexa, ask SimpliSafe for my current status.”
- “Alexa, Tell SimpliSafe to Arm in away mode.”
- “Alexa, Tell SimpliSafe to batten down the hatches.”
What is SimpliSafe?
SimpliSafe serves as a DIY-installed alarm system with no contract. It offers affordable pro monitoring plans so that people can always keep an eye on your humble abode. This includes defense or protection from incidents like carbon monoxide leaks, floods, and fires.
SimpliSafe separates itself from other security systems by using multiple sensor types in order to detect various things ranging from freezing temperatures to breaking glass. If you have a leaky washing machine or a pipe that’s about to burst, the alarm system will inform you.
It’s like the onboard diagnostics system of a car telling your mechanic what is exactly wrong with your vehicle. SimpliSafe keeps you simply safe with Wi-Fi, a hub with cellular connection, and a monitoring service that works side-by-side to keep you informed and protected.
Does My SimpliSafe System Integrate with Other Smart Home Devices?
SimpliSafe also integrates with smart home devices for good measure. In order to know how to setup integration, just visit the website and avail of the Interactive Monitoring subscription plan to avail of such a mode.
Alas, SimpliSafe cannot integrate with Apple Home Kit. However, they’re working on a multitude of methods to offer more improved features and modes to their subscribers when push comes to shove. The Wi-Fi is optional.
Learn More about August Locks Integration
You can avail of the August Locks feature as well. They’re smart locks you can control through your smartphone or through other smart devices such as the SimpliSafe system.
System integration between August Locks and SimpliSafe will allow the system to automatically unlock or lock such locks when you arm or disarm the system. The company also sells their own locks known as the SimpliSafe Smart Locks if you wish to work with that as well.
You may also like: Does SimpliSafe Doorbell Work with Alexa or Not?
What Does SimpliSafe Bring to the Table?
SimpliSafe products like the 8-piece wireless home security system allow for 24/7 professional monitoring. It’s compatible with Google Assistant (and Google Home) or Amazon Alexa. On Amazon, that specific product is Amazon’s Choice in Home Security Systems by SimpliSafe.
It offers the following benefits:
- Out of the Box Protection: As soon as you get it out of the box, it’s ready to protect you. All you need is to plug the base station and place the sensors all over the place you want to have alerts for.
- No Tools Required: You can set up the system in minutes and you don’t need special mounts or tools to do so. It’s a mostly indoor sensor system though in light of outdoorsy ones requiring mounts to protect from thieves and burglars.
- No Contracts Needed for 24/7 Monitoring: The system provides 24 hour a day and 7 days a week cloud recording and monitoring with fire, medical, and police dispatch available at 50 cents a day, with no contracts required.
- Sounding the Alarm When Needed: Pro monitoring at its finest. The system offers pioneering signal burst technology that can cover homes of every size, from townhouses or apartments up to 1,000 feet in range. For anything bigger, buy more sensors for additional coverage.
- A Panic Button: The system includes a panic button you can trigger to dispatch the police fast during emergencies. It also has a silent panic option that signals help discreetly like seen in stores.
In Other Words
Yes, you can use SimpliSafe with Google Home or Amazon Alexa in order to enable its voice-activated functions. SimpliSafe also lives up to its name because of its simplicity when you set it up and how safe your home becomes once it becomes a fully functional alarm system.
Even if you’re a non-technical type of ordinary homeowner, you can install the system in a DIY manner. However, it does get criticism for its lack of a fire or heat sensor as well as IDs for specific open sensor warnings before it is armed.
- “Does my SimpliSafe system integrate with other smart home devices?“, SimpliSafe.com, Retrieved December 18, 2021
- “How Does SimpliSafe Work?“, Reviews.org, Retrieved December 18, 2021
- “SimpliSafe Wireless Security System Setup“, Amazon.com