So you’ve bought an Arlo Video Doorbell because of the allure of having a security camera that doubles as a doorbell in one device.
However, what if it’s not working? What if Alexa isn’t able to work with the Arlo Doorbell?
To be more specific, what if you try to activate the announcement feature wherein Alexa announces that someone’s at the door when they ring the doorbell but it’s not working at all? Keep on reading to find out how to fix this issue.
7 Tips to Fix an Arlo Doorbell That’s Not Working with Alexa
Here are the 5 tips you can use to fix an Arlo doorbell that refuses to work with Amazon Alexa.
1. Your Arlo Video Doorbell Isn’t Synched with the Alexa App
Let’s review how to pair up or link your Arlo Video Doorbell to Alexa. First off, get the Arlo skill enabled and linked to your Amazon Alexa account. You need to enable the Arlo skill to link to Alexa.
This enables your Echo Dot or Fire to do things like make an announcement when someone’s at the front door. You need to specifically do the following:
- Use voice activation and tell Amazon Alexa the command, “Alexa, enable Arlo skill”.
- You’ll receive instructions onto your Alexa app to link your Arlo account with your Alexa account. Follow them carefully or ask technical assistance for additional help.
- Search “Arlo Skill” on the Alexa app then click “Enable Skill” to link your Arlo account to the Alexa account.
- Once you’ve paired up the two accounts, you should be able to do voice-activated Alexa-based control on your Arlo Video Doorbell or Arlo Security System.
2. Your Arlo Doorbell Is the Wrong Model
If the issue you’re having with your Arlo Video Doorbell is that Alexa doesn’t announce anything when someone presses the button of the device or when the doorbell has motion detection activated then it might be the wrong model.
You can enable Amazon Alexa devices to announce when someone presses your Arlo Doorbell if it’s Model No. AVD1001, AVD2001, or AAD1001. You specifically need to have an Arlo Audio Doorbell, Arlo Essential Wired Video Doorbell, or Arlo Essential Wire-Free Video Doorbell for this to work.
They should also be synced with your Arlo mobile app that’s in turn daisy-chained to your Amazon Alexa app.
3. “Silent Mode” or “Do Not Disturb Mode” Might Be Turned On
In order to enable Alexa to announce that someone is at your door when they press your Arlo Video Doorbell, make sure that they’re not in “Silent Mode” or “Do Not Disturb Mode”. This mutes their chimes and Alexa announcements.
To turn these modes off, go to the Arlo app’s settings and check if “Silent Mode” is turned off. Meanwhile, go to Alexa app’s settings and check if “Do Not Disturb Mode” is deactivated as well. Both modes should be turned off.
4. Arlo Doorbell Announcements for Alexa Aren’t Setup Properly
Just because Alexa is now synced with your Arlo system, it doesn’t mean it will automatically do doorbell announcements. You need to set it up to do that first. To enable doorbell announcements on a specific Alexa device, do the following:
- Open the Amazon Alexa app on your mobile phone.
- Select the “Devices” icon at the bottom of the screen then tap “All Devices”.
- On the list of devices, select your Arlo Video Doorbell (AVD1001, AVD2001, or AAD1001).
- You should then see the Settings prompt. Move the sliders in accordance to the type of Alexa announcements you wish to receive.
You have two types of announcements to choose from, actually.
- Motion Announcements: Every time your Arlo Video Doorbell detects motion nearby, Alexa announces it through your Amazon Echo or Fire device.
- Doorbell Press Announcements: Every time your Arlo Video or Audio Doorbell’s button is pressed, Alexa announces it through your Amazon Echo or Fire device.
5. Restart, Reset, or Unpair the Doorbell from the App
If you’ve done or checked all of the above and Alexa still “refuses” to do announcements whenever someone pressed the doorbell or activates motion alerts, then it’s time to restart the doorbell by turning it off and on again like a router with no Internet connection.
You can also unpair or remove the connection between the doorbell and the Arlo app before pairing them back again to fix this bug.
To unpair the Arlo Video Doorbell from the Arlo app:
- Launch the Arlo app then tap “Settings” and “My Devices”.
- Select the Arlo doorbell you wish to finagle with.
- The ensuing “Device Settings” screen has the “Remove Device” option at the bottom of the page. Scroll down and look for it.
To pair the Arlo Video Doorbell with your Arlo app again:
- Login to My.Arlo.com on the web or launch your Arlo app. Go to the “Devices” screen.
- Add the device to your account again by tapping “Add New Device” and “Doorbells & Chimes” before searching for your specific model of Arlo doorbell.
- Just follow the instructions to pair the device with your app again.
This effectively resets your video doorbell back to factory settings. You’ll need to set it up all over again, but at least you won’t need to look for “Arlo Skill” in the Alexa app if you’ve already set that up.
To physically reset your Arlo Video Doorbell:
- Look for the reset button at the back of the doorbell.
- Press that for about 15 seconds. Some models require a push pin or paper clip to access the reset button.
- The doorbell button’s LED ring should then flash white if you’re successful with your hard reset.
- After resetting the doorbell, you’ll need to add it to your account again, like with the software reset.
Read more: Arlo Security Camera Troubleshooting
6. Set Up a Separate Alexa Routine on Your Amazon Echo
An Arlo community user claims that Alexa split up the motion detection and camera into two different assets. There’s a camera switch icon and there’s a motion detection switch icon separate from each other that weren’t separate before.
Therefore, you need to change the Alexa routine and replace the camera icon asset with the new switch asset in order to make the announcement feature finally work.
To create an Alexa routine on your Amazon Echo, do the following:
- Launch the Alexa app on your smartphone.
- Select “Routines” on the main screen then tap on the plus (+) sign at the top-right corner of the prompt.
- Select “When This Happens” and choose how you want to trigger the routine. In this case, have Alexa do an announcement whenever the doorbell is pressed.
- Create a separate announcement routine for when motion is detected.
- Save the changes.
If the issue of Arlo and Alexa not working persists, contact the tech support of either Amazon or the Arlo Community for more details. It’s to our understanding that this glitch has been patched up in the latest Arlo update, so separate routines might not even be needed.
7. It’s Just a Missing Cloud Update or Patch
There were customers complaining on the Arlo Community page that despite doing all of the above tips, their Amazon Fire or Echo device still doesn’t make an announcement or play a sound when someone rings the Arlo Video Doorbell.
Their issue was that they’ve double-checked all the required settings and setups needed to enable this feature. Community managers look into the problem and determined it was a software bug from their latest updates.
In other words, just download the latest cloud update for either your Arlo device or your Amazon Alexa device in order to solve the problem. Contact tech support if the problem persists.
Here are the frequently asked questions regarding fixing an Arlo Doorbell’s Alexa connection.
Does Arlo Integrate with Alexa?
Yes, Arlo does integrate with Alexa. You need to enable the Arlo Alexa Skill first to allow integration to happen. You can enable this skill two ways onto your Amazon device.
You can use a voice command like “Alexa, enable Arlo skill”, for one thing. You can also start your Alexa app and search “Arlo Skill” from there in order to select and activate it, leading to perfect syncing between Alexa and Arlo apps.
How do You Reconnect Your Arlo Doorbell with Your Wi-Fi
You need to launch your Arlo app. From there, select your Arlo Video Doorbell, and then tap the “Connected To” option, which is directly below the “Device On” switch. Tap the “Change Network” option at the bottom of the screen.
Afterwards, you’ll be given in-app instructions on how to connect your Arlo Doorbell to your Wi-Fi or a different 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi network in case your home Wi-Fi is having connectivity issues.
Can You Use Arlo without a Base Station?
You can use the Arlo Video Doorbell without a base station. It’s optional to use the Arlo SmartHub with your doorbell or not. Most opt to use the smartphone’s Arlo app instead as the control hub.
It’s the same deal with the Arlo Q and Arlo Q Plus cameras, which connect directly to your Wi-Fi router. You need the base station when it comes to the Arlo Wire-Free and Arlo Pro Wire-Free cameras though.
How Much Does It Cost to Hire a Professional?
Depending on the extensiveness of the damage on the unit or the surrounding wiring that’s powering it on, it can cost you between $200 and $350 to hire a professional. Electricians charge about $50 to $150 per hour. In contrast, a brand new Arlo Video Doorbell costs from $100 to $150 on Amazon.
However, it might be best to hire an electrician or something if it’s a power output issue that’s causing your Arlo doorbell and other smart home appliances to go haywire and not sync up with Alexa, among other issues (like phantom ringing when no one is at the door).
Expectation and Reality
Arlo Video Doorbell connectivity with Alexa should open a whole new world of possibilities, but it depends on which model of doorbell you’ve got. Read up on your documentation and how to use Alexa with Arlo devices in order to make the most out of the experience.
Just take note that certain features available in certain devices might not be present in other devices, particularly earlier versions of the doorbell. It could also be a software bug or patch issue. Contact the Arlo Community or Arlo tech support for more details.
- “Arlo Video Doorbell not announcing with Alexa“, Arlo.com Community, August 5, 2022
- “Video Doorbell not Ringing on Amazon Devices“, Arlo.com Community, September 28, 2020
- “How can I use my Arlo Doorbell with Amazon Alexa?“, Arlo.com, June 16, 2022
- “How do I reset my Arlo Essential Video Doorbell?” Arlo.com, December 20, 2022
- “How can I use my Arlo Doorbell with Amazon Alexa?“, Arlo.com, Retrieved December 20, 2022
- “Arlo Video Wired Doorbell stopped working with Alexa“, Arlo.com Community, August 5, 2022
- “Set Up an Alexa Routine“, Amazon.com, Retrieved December 20, 2022